Friday, November 11, 2011

October Prayer Letter 2011





Dear Praying Friends, November 1, 2011

As snow falls in the Northeast and temperatures drop back home, the sun is shining bright in southern California. This past month has been a whirlwind! We began the month in Alaska, finishing up a wonderful four-week trip. I am so amazed at the number of great churches in Alaska! We have been blessed to rub shoulders with some phenomenal pastors and truly great Christians. It was hard to get on the plane to head back to the continental U.S., but our journey must continue.

After landing at O’Hare, we spent about 20 hours at home! We regrouped and loaded up the car to head out West. Last month a precious church in Kansas took us on for support without ever meeting us! We were able to go to Kansas, spend the weekend with them, and then head to southern California. With the exception of one meeting, we will be in California for the next three weeks before heading home for Thanksgiving. Jessica and I will definitely be looking forward to the holidays in order to catch our breath! God is so good, and I am very grateful for our full schedule. All in all, October took us to Alaska, Kansas, and California and a total of eleven churches.

I am so thankful for the opportunities God gives us to share the Gospel. Our soul winning was very different last month. However, God still allowed us to see 10 people trust Christ. Just after our arrival in California, I went to a Jiffy Lube in Long Beach to get my oil changed. As I was checking in my car, Tuy, a young Asian man, was amazed at my mileage. He asked what I did for a living, and I told him. He was amazed that I would do that! I handed him a tract and began to tell him why I do what I do. After several minutes, Tuy put his faith and trust in Jesus Christ! He was so excited, he took two more tracts and gave them to two of his coworkers. I was able to witness to the young lady, Liza; and although she didn’t trust Christ, a seed was planted. Seeing the enthusiasm of someone who first realizes the love of Christ, I wonder why everyone doesn’t share the love of Christ!

God continues to show Himself strong in our deputation. So many churches across the country have “caught” our vision for the people of Peru. After just 10 months, God has blessed us with 67% of our needed support! I am so grateful for every church and individual that has invested in us. I would especially like to thank Concord Baptist Church in Delaware, Harvest Baptist Church in California, and Northern Lights Baptist Church in Alaska for taking us on for support in the month of October. My wife and I are honored to represent so many fine people in the country of Peru.

I count it such a high privilege to serve God as a missionary! There is no greater call, I believe, then being able to share the Gospel with those who have never heard. While in Kansas, I was standing by our display table showing our pictures to several children. One of them was a young girl whose family lived in Vietnam. As she
looked through our pictures, she asked why I was going to tell the people in Peru about Jesus. As I explained to her, she let out a huge sigh, and said, “I wish someone would go to Vietnam and tell my family about Jesus.” Oh, the dagger that shot through my heart! If all of God’s people had that childlike faith, I wonder what a difference would be made in this world!

Thank you for your prayers and friendship. The many friends we have made and other missionary families we have met while on deputation have made this journey such a joy. Please keep in contact with us, as we will with you. Our website, www.fbmiteamperu.org, is up and running, as well as our team and personal Facebook pages. We want everyone to be as updated as much as possible with our progress and God’s goodness. God bless you!

Your ambassadors to Peru,

Junior and Jessica Martin
Romans 9:3

No comments:

Post a Comment