Monday, March 12, 2012

February Prayer Letter for the Martin Family



March 1, 2012

Dear Praying Friends,

In Denver, Colorado, the snow is gently falling on the mountains as I sit in front of the fireplace in our cabin sipping coffee working on my laptop. The ministry sure is rough! God is so very gracious. We arrived here yesterday and are excited for this conference. March is very busy, and I am glad we get to start in beautiful Colorado.

February was quite productive for us. We didn’t do a lot of traveling, but were still able to be in three different churches in Kentucky and Georgia. One of our meetings was a conference in which we were with five of our fellow team families. It was a sweet reunion. I never tire of spending time with the people that are part of our team. It is a privilege to serve God with them. To make things even better, it was a Spanish missions conference. I am always encouraged to see growing Spanish works. Pastor Arjona is doing an incredible work, and I hope we were as much of a blessing to him as he was to us.

The best news came two days ago. After returning from this trip, I will be able to begin to wean myself off my crutches! Praise the Lord! As I sat in the doctor’s office, he said, “Prayer works! I know that my talents come from above and beyond that Someone else does all the healing.” To God be the glory! I can see a full recovery very soon.

In addition to our travels, we were also able to spend some time with many of our teenagers at home. The Teen Missionary Society is a group of our “bus teen girls” who have a burden for missions and correspond with our missionaries around the world. I am so proud of these young ladies! We enjoyed spending some time teaching and investing in these girls.

As I mentioned in our last letter, three men from our team spent two weeks in Lima the beginning of this month. It was a very productive trip. During this time, they were able to begin looking at housing as well as property in the district we will be working in. It is so exciting to see houses and apartments and think that soon it maybe our home. As far as the church, please pray that God will give us wisdom as the time quickly approaches. Also, we are now officially recognized by the Peruvian government. They are ready and waiting for us! The Iglesia Bautista Internacional has been registered and all the paperwork has been filed. Amen!

It thrills us to see all the pieces come together. I see the pictures of people walking down the street and know that they are the people God has called us to. I look at an apartment and see our belongings there, I view a store front or a plot of land and see a church building there. This past Sunday, we were waiting for church to start and Jessica said, “Just 15 more Sundays and we’ll be in Peru.” It is almost surreal to think about. Thank you to the many of you who have partnered with us and especially our newest supporters the Providence Baptist Church in Indiana and Twin City Baptist Church in Maine. This brings us to 86 % of our support. The end is in sight!

I am also thankful for the things that God brings into our path. Although my leg and the weather has not made soulwinning very easy, God has opened many doors. Going to therapy three times a week has given me many people to share both what God is doing through us and the Gospel. Just last week, I was able to lead Michelle, a 21 year old therapy student at DePaul University, to Christ! Please pray for several others to whom the seed has been sewn. I know God will give the increase. Besides Michelle, God allowed us to see five other people accept Christ this month.

Thank you for your continued prayers. God is prospering all along the way. God bless you!

Your ambassadors to Peru,

Junior and Jessica Martin
Romans 9:3


No comments:

Post a Comment