Thursday, April 26, 2012

March and April Prayer Letter for the Hubbard Family

March-April 2012

Dear Praying Friends,

Just one more house, I thought, while Junior Martin and I were out knocking on doors. As we approached the last door, I really wondered if we would get to see someone saved. Praise the Lord! The last door we knocked on, we got to win a teenaged young lady to Christ. Is that not how the Christian life is sometimes? How often we give up too soon. Jesus told us to ask, seek, and knock to which we would receive, find, and have opened unto us. That has been our deputation experience. It is rapidly coming to a close. We have asked for many to participate with us. We have sought His will. We have knocked on the door of moving to Peru. Many have decided to partner with us; His will is laid out before us. We have knocked on the door and are now standing at the threshold, ready to walk through.

It has been a flurry of activity for the Hubbard family since I arrived home from my last trip to Peru. We have been busy with doctor appointments, packing belongings, and itemizing those things to be shipped in our container. We’ve been blessed with an early spring in Indiana, which facilitated packing so much. We are roughly nine weeks away from launching the team and moving our family to Peru. What exciting days these are!

In addition to caring for details for our family, I am “full-throttle” in preparations for the month of May. We have set aside
the entire month to meet all together as a team for the first time. It will be a month of preparing heart, mind, and soul for
the task ahead of us. We will spend much time working out every detail of our plan once we arrive in Peru. We will need to get documents legalized to process our residence status in Peru, and we will load our container with our belongings. It will be a busy month but one to which I’m really looking forward.

I just finished my annual checkup at Mayo Clinic to monitor my cancer. The reports were good overall. My heart is fully healed from damage caused by the cancer prior to my third surgery, and there are no new developments. The largest of remaining lesions has grown slightly, so I received a bone- strengthening therapy to help my vertebrae withstand the cancer a little better. Many of our supporting churches have expressed their love and prayers. I appreciate so much the prayers of God’s people on my behalf.

Some have asked what is needed for the Hubbard family to actually get to Peru. We are looking at a need of about $5,000 for our airfare alone for the six of us to travel. Since the price of oil has surged, traveling to Peru has become quite expensive. We are so grateful to everyone who has invested in our ministry thus far. We are on the threshold of realizing much with that with which you’ve entrusted to us. Please pray with us about this need.

We count it a privilege to be your representatives to the people of Lima and all of South America. We enjoy keeping in touch via e-mail, mail, and Facebook. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

For His glory,

Dan Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment