Thursday, August 16, 2012

July Prayer Letter from the Rader Family

Dear praying friends,

We started the month of July on Sarah’s uncles’ farm in Georgia. One of her uncles, Pastor Heck Davis, is also one of our supporters. Pastor Davis helped us earn some extra money by letting us pick corn during their corn season. Upon leaving the farm we journeyed out to the West Coast as far as Washington visiting churches along the way there and back. We ended the month helping in a Vacation Bible School in the mountains of Colorado with Pastor Darryl Reeves. During the month we presented the vision for Peru in 12 churches, preached 11 times, and saw 11 saved through personal soul winning. While picking corn, traveling across our great country, and participating in Vacation Bible School, we were reminded again and again that GOD IS SO AWESOME!

We could write a book if we shared all the blessings and stories of the great fellowship from church to church, souls saved along the way, and Vacation Bible School; however, because of time we will share two. While out soul winning in Colorado with Elijah Reeves we had a man answer the door. As I was introducing myself, I completely forgot my partner’s name. Please forgive me. I didn’t want to look dumb so I instantly made up a name. I introduced him as Bob. The man invited us into his home and I had to confess that I had lied about my partner’s name. Thankfully he found it humorous. We continued talking and found out he was a Navy Seal with many kills. He was doubtful that God could forgive him for his past deeds. We then talked about the omnipotent power of God’s forgiveness. A half hour later he put all his trust in Christ for salvation. In spite of being a bad soul winning partner, God still saves! Hallelujah! Our next story is about two children. Irene and Angel came everyday for VBS from one of the homes Sarah got to visit and invite. Irene, a second-grader, raised her hand for salvation on Monday. Her teacher, a mother of four small children, gave her the gospel; however, she seemed hesitant to pray and trust Christ. Two days later she raised her hand again and went out with
the same teacher. After the teacher reviewed salvation she invited the children to pray and receive Christ. Irene spoke out and said, “I did that already.” The teacher asked her, “Where and when did you do this?” Irene answered, “Yesterday, in my room, I knelt by my bed and asked Jesus to come into my heart and wash away my sins with His blood.” Testimonies like Irene’s make the extra effort it takes for moms of small children like Sarah Rader and Christy Spillman to go out and invite children to VBS and teach in VBS so worth it!

We cannot thank you enough for your love, prayers, and support. Please continue pray for our van and our safety on the road. Please pray for our team members already in Peru doing a great work. Please pray for our support and travel needs. Our plans are to leave the first week of December for Peru. We have 50% of our monthly support coming in presently. Thank you to all who are helping us along the way. We count it an honor and a privilege to represent Christ and you to the lost of Peru. Thank you, and God bless you.

His for souls,

Mark, Sarah, Savannah, Paul Rader

No comments:

Post a Comment