Tuesday, July 16, 2013

June Prayer Letter from the Rader Family

Dear Praying Friends,

Greetings from cool and cloudy Peru! That’s right. We are now in our winter season, but our ministry is fired-up and hotter than ever. All four churches and various Bible studies here are growing, and excitement is high. Every Sunday evening service we hear the reports from the pastors and workers of all the churches of how many came, how many were saved, and other blessings. It’s a HIGHLIGHT!

I am still in part-time language school with the construction moving full speed ahead. My wife is involved in nursery and special music. I am involved in Junior Church and special music. Bro. Abraham Avila does an outstanding job with the Junior Church. As my Spanish grows, he gives me more responsibilities. I am leading a few games, witnessing to visitors, and helping with crowd control.

Speaking of visitors, my wife and I both now have had visitors come on a regular basis, and many have been saved. One of our regular Peruvian members brought a friend two months ago named John. John was saved and baptized the same Sunday. A few weeks later, he started working with me on construction at the church. Since then he has come soul winning with me every week. In spite of my growing Spanish, I still read a lot of my written Gospel presentation, which I had translated. That first week we went soul winning together, I was a little discouraged for John’s sake. I read my Gospel presentation many times, but no one that day would quite let me finish. I did not know it at the time, but God was doing something marvelous in John’s heart. I gave my written presentation to John and asked him to study it. The next week John led his first soul to Christ. The following week he led his second soul. Two weeks later he led his third soul. He now helps with our invitations. Amen! Amen!

My wife has started training a young lady named Leslie to win souls. She is just as eager to learn as John. She went out soul winning for the first time with my wife; and later that same week, she and her mom,while out together, led their first 2 souls to Christ. Amen! Amen! Please pray for John and Leslie.

In our last letter, we mentioned our struggle concerning our permanent-residency status. It turns out that we do need to leave the country and re-enter. The cheapest arrangement we found is a trip to Ecuador in August. Please pray for the details to go as smoothly as possible. Another prayer request we have is also an announcement of one of life’s biggest blessings: please pray for the safe arrival of our third child into this world. That’s right—we’re expecting!

Many days here have been rich with blessings. May we always remember our friends back home who are helping to make it all possible. I wish you all could experience the life of a missionary, but I know we all have our part to play. Please pray that God will continue working here. We love you. Thank you for your love, your support, and your prayers. God bless you.

His for souls,

Mark, Sarah, Savannah,
Paul, & One More Rader

No comments:

Post a Comment