Friday, February 24, 2012

January Prayer Letter from the Hubbards


Dear Praying Friends,

Having just returned from a 15-day trip to Peru, it is my thrill to report that we have our official paperwork to the establishment of our Religious Association in the country of Peru. This is a monumental step that needed to be accomplished before we could establish the International Baptist Church of Lima. It is a process that usually takes several months to finish; however, with God’s “mountain moving” power, we were able to go from start to finish in just 15 days! Glory to God!

With this paperwork we are now a registered entity that can open a bank account, rent or buy property, and conduct services in Peru. I took three men with me on this trip; two of them were team members and one was a lawyer, Bro. Javier Lira, who
had worked many years in Lima. God used Bro. Lira to guide us through the legal process and brought us to just the right people to allow us to accomplish our task. What a gifted man and what a blessing to have his guidance.

In addition to that, we looked at many properties. We have many excellent prospects. We are waiting for God’s leading to the exact location that will allow us to base our team and begin our first church. Please join me praying for God’s leading.

While there, we were able to acclimate ourselves much more to the people, customs, food, and traffic. It was an experience to drive in Lima. We were able to take a trip two hours north of Lima to see a property that would make an
excellent “satellite” ministry. I tried the cuy, which is guinea pig. The Peruvians love it. It tastes just like chicken. 

I left Peru feeling that I was leaving my home. Truly God has knitted my heart to the people already. We were able to share the Gospel with many as we moved about looking at property and talking with governmental personnel. I’m still overwhelmed by the openness of the people and their desire to have what we will bring through our team.

We are five months from launching. With each passing day, I find the longing to be in Peru doing God’s will growing. I find myself more often than not “daydreaming” and visualizing a church and a training center that impacts hundreds and thousands of Peruvians to serve the Lord. Thank you for seeing with me, by faith, the ministry that we wish to realize. Thank you for your investment. As of right now, people are awaiting our return.

I appreciate and covet your prayers. I believe more than ever that God is going to do the impossible in South America. I’m thrilled that you have decided to be a part. I love you and thank you.

For His glory,

Dan Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment