Thursday, September 20, 2012

August Prayer Letter from the Hubbards

August-September 2012

Dear Praying Friends,

This week crosses the five-year mark since my first cancer surgery. I can’t help but feel sentimental every year when this date approaches. I’m amazed to see where I am five years removed from one of the most pivotal events in my life. I praise the Lord for the work He has done through my life and my testimony. Truly He deserves all the praise and glory! Nonetheless, the cancer is still a present enemy, and although most of the time I push thoughts of it from my mind, this time of year causes me to remember that my future is solely in HIS hands. That knowledge is the driving passion behind all that I do. I know ultimately it is according to the sovereign will of God that we all breathe each and every breath; however, this season of year makes me so much more aware of it. We are so blessed!

International Baptist Church in Chorrillos, Lima, Peru, is growing at a steady pace. In addition to regular services, we are currently conducting 7 Bible studies to disciple our converts. We have completely outgrown the facility we are renting; however, the Lord has opened a door for a property about two blocks from where we currently meet that would care for all of our needs for some time, as it has a three-story house we could use for Sunday school, room for language school for the team, and place for our ACE school for the team children. It also has a warehouse behind the house that could easily be transformed into an auditorium and nursery. We are moving forward to rent this facility. I hope next month to report that we are settled and remodeling!

I have been using Wednesday night Bible studies to teach the biblical perspective of the fundamentals of the faith. We’ve seen our young converts build their faith as they follow in obedience to begin tithing. Likewise, we held our first Lord’s Supper this past Sunday, which was a tremendously sweet service. Now we’ve been making preparations for our first baptismal service. I’ve taught for the past two Wednesdays all that is involved in baptism, what it symbolizes, and how important that step of obedience is. Lord willing, our baptistery will be finished this week, and we will hold our first baptismal service next week. We have many converts lined up to participate in this important service. Praise the Lord!

We are consistently having about a dozen Peruvians join us for weekly soul winning. Our services are averaging about 70-80 in attendance. We have visitors at every services with souls saved. We are anxious to get into a larger facility so we can begin pushing for a big day. We will begin our second church on October 4 in the San Genaro area. I’m so excited to see what the Lord has for this next area of outreach.
Never underestimate the power of your prayer. Never doubt to give your pledge to missions. Never pass up an opportunity to take a missions trip. The heartbeat of the Saviour is “that ALL men would come to repentance.” Team Peru is committed to putting your investment into eternity. Thank you for partnering with us.

For His glory,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment