Wednesday, June 12, 2013

May Prayer Letter from the Avila Family

April/May 2013

Dear Pastor and Praying Friends,

Something special for your birthday! On May 28, I celebrated my 33rd my birthday in Lima, Peru. I had an important meeting that morning that I couldn’t miss. However, that afternoon I received a bombardment of hugs and kisses mixed with a “Happy birthday to you . . .” as I walked through my decorated apartment door. It was very heartwarming. There I stood with my book bag on my shoulder and team business on my mind surrounded by loving family. My mind drifted away to one thought, How did I get so blessed? I spent the remainder of the afternoon being lazy with my kiddos. Talk about fun!

I was sweetly and sincerely asked a question as I lay on the living room floor with my kiddos: “Daddy, when are we going to the store?” “What do you mean, Joaquin?” “Yeah, Dad, aren’t we going to buy you your toy?” What? “No, Lani, Daddy doesn’t need any toys.” “C’mon, Dad, I have money left over from my birthday. Let’s go!” “Thank you, Marco, but I think you should save your money.” “It’s okay, Dad. I want you to have it. You should have something special for your birthday.” “Oh, but I do, guys; I have my family with me.”

My family and I had been walking back home from a Bible study when we were stopped by our apartment complex security guard Peter. “You have a beautiful family!” “Thank you.” “No, for real, your kids are very respectable and obedient” “Really?!? Ummm, I mean thank you.” “You don’t understand. Not one child here has ever shaken my hand. Your children always greet me with a handshake. I also love how you don’t have to yell or chase them down when it’s time for them to stop playing at the park. All you do is call them and make a hand gesture.” “Thank you, thank you very much. Peter, can I tell you what has made a difference in our family?” Needless to say, I was able to witness to Peter on that brisk Peruvian evening. Praise the Lord!

I’d like to thank you for your continued prayers and support. We really couldn’t do what we do without you. Please know that you are also being prayed for by our family. We love and appreciate you very much.

Praises:
- One more church has taken us on for support: Open Door Baptist Church, Mesquite, Texas (Pastor Francisco J. Mendoza)

Prayer Requests:
- Safety for our family, our team leader Dan Hubbard, and the other families of Team Peru
- Additional monthly financial support

New Contact Information:
Abraham Avila (To avoid problems with our courier, correspondence must state my name and not “Avila family.”)
Caminos del Inca 2780, Block-C (Street name and house number)
Departamento #504 (Apartment number)
Urb. Prolongación Benavides (Residential zone)
Surco, Lima 15039 Perú (District, city, zip code, country)
219-378-8617

Thank you once again for your prayers and support.

Your co-laborers to Peru,

Abraham, Fabiola, Marco, Leilani, & Joaquin Avila

No comments:

Post a Comment