Thursday, June 14, 2012

April and May Prayer Letter from the Raders

Dear praying friends,

What an honor to serve the Lord! For the months of April and May my wife and I were
privileged to see 21 souls come to Christ through personal soul winning. We have enjoyed some incredible meetings. I’d like to mention one conference in particular, where we were one of six missionary families. The last service our family was the only one who was still at the meeting. The entire group of church members present formed a circle along the walls of the auditorium with us in the center. Everyone then knelt and prayed for the missionaries. Next they voted to take on all six
missionaries for support. Hallelujah! The pastor came to me and hugged me with tears in his eyes. My spirit was truly renewed and encouraged by their love for the souls of the world and their faith.

I had the opportunity to tell three “atheists” about our great God using the laws of science as an illustration. I lead them to the conclusion that according to scientific law you cannot deny the existence of God while being of a reasonable scientific mind. Though I presented my argument kindly, they told me to leave. We then walked 50 feet away to three teens who had overheard parts of the first conversation. In spite of being heckled the entire conversation they listened intently to us. Josiah, Erika, and Everado then trusted Christ as their Saviour. What a great God we have!

The entire month of May was devoted to Team Peru’s preparation. We have thoroughly enjoyed finally being able to spend time with our fellow team families. Every day was busy as we discussed plans, aligned philosophies, strategized, loaded the container, detailed logistics, and spent much time in prayer together. An honor of my life occurred right in the middle of the month. Every man of Team Peru was ordained by my pastor, Dr. Jack Schaap. The last Sunday night in May our team enjoyed a send off by
our Spanish church. Closing out the month we had an all night prayer meeting. We prayed for Peru, our plans, our supporting churches, and much more.

My wife and I are excited about our team. Our teammates are some of the finest Christians we know. Our team is now beginning to land in Peru one family at a time. Our support is at 50%. We will be leaving in December for Peru having finished our deputation or not. God has given us a great vision and a great mission. Please be strong and of good courage, as we are strong and of good courage. Thank you. Thank you so much for your support, love, and prayers. Please continue to pray. God bless you.

For souls in need,

Mark, Sarah, Savannah, and Paul Rader

No comments:

Post a Comment